Tingun Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Tingun (4455) is a suburb of Western, South Western, Queensland. It is about 415 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Tingun is in the federal electorate of Maranoa.

In the 2011 census the population of Tingun was 253 and is comprised of approximately 50.2% females and 49.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Tingun is 38 years of age.

93.2% of people living in the suburb of Tingun were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth wer.

94.8% of people living in Tingun speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Tingun is 32.1% Anglican, 27.4% Catholic, 11.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 10.7% No religion, 7.1% Uniting Church, 4.4% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.6% Other religious affiliation , 1.6% Lutheran, 1.2% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.2% Jehovah's Witnesses.

63.8% of people are married, 23.8% have never married and 8.6% are divorced and 1.6% are separated. There are 4 widowed people living in Tingun.

66.9% of the people living in Tingun over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 27.0% are working on a part time basis. Tingun has an unemployment rate of 4.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Tingun are 33.8% Managers, 12.7% Labourers, 12.0% Professionals, 11.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.3% Technicians & trades workers, 6.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 4.9% Community & personal service workers, 4.2% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 3.5% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Tingun work in are 32.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.4% Retail trade, 9.4% Health care and social assistance, 7.9% Construction, 6.5% Education and training, 5.0% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.3% Accommodation and food services, 4.3% Manufacturing, 3.6% Wholesale trade.

43.8% of homes are fully owned, and 31.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 16.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $615 per week and the median household income is $1187 per week.

The median rent in Tingun is $115 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1907 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Tingun postcode 4455

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Wootha 4552 -> South Eastern -> Queensland